Sunday, June 15, 2008

Everyday Heroes

yes, if you can survive sharjah you discover how beautiful life is...
don't misunderstand, i like indians, i only think that sometimes some deodorant and a shower help improving your public relations!

one of my heroes in the emirates is my colleague Sharif (he is the "kitchen manager" in my office), someone who, despite the difficulties of his daily life, always finds the time for joking and laughing (and the shower: he is one of the cleanest person i've known).
with his strange english (no tenses in his verbs, everything ends in -ing for him) and his earphones, Sharif is my helping angel in the emirates. i would like to write something about him one day, but i'm afraid that publishing his life online would offend him...

for the moment it's enough writing that if one day i will turn indian (or yellow) the reason will be the curry that he brings for me everyday 'cause he's afraid that i skip my lunch break (lentils curry, chicken curry, vegetable curry, potatoes curry, fish curry... yesterday even "hot dog masala", which has the same taste than curry, but when i asked he looked at me astonished that i didn't realize the difference: curry is a gravy, masala is dry!)

at least i'll learn how to cook indian food when i'll be back to italy...

No comments: